Low Square Table with Drawers
- In stock and usually delivered within 2 - 3 weeks
- Get it approx. Mon, 12 October - Mon, 19 October
- CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: This item is still shipping and delivery times are currently accurate
Shanxi, circa 1800
This square shaped table is made from elm and dates from the beginning of the nineteenth century. Traces of the original dark lacquer are still intact, but this has largely worn down to the paler wood colour underneath, revealing the wide grain of the elm. The hardware between the upper drawers is old, once used to secure the drawers in place. The two lower drawers are actually new additions, made using the old fixed panels to provide extra storage space. When the table was produced the lower space inside the table would have provided a secure area for holding valuables, accessible only by removing the drawers above. Below the drawers is a carved apron, fitted above legs that end in horse hoof shaped feet.
|Dimensions:||depth: 85cm, height: 50cm, width: 85cm|
Delivery and returns
This item is sold and dispatched directly by Shimu.
|Mainland UK - standard delivery||FREE|
|Highlands/Islands of Scotland||£20.00|
We offer a 14 day no-quibble money-back guarantee, so if you're not delighted with your purchase you can return it for a refund. Please note that some exclusions apply, e.g. made-to-order items.
About the seller
Shimu offers you the beauty and simple elegance of classical Chinese furniture and antiques. More about Shimu...
- View more chests of drawers...
Why shop at Furnish.co.uk?
- 14 day no-quibble returns *
- 100% safe and secure payments
- Price promise - read more...
- 'Excellent' independent service rating
- Exclusive hand-picked designer brands