Returns & cancellation
Cancellation rights and no-quibble money-back guarantee
We want you to be delighted with the items you buy. Therefore, in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have the right to cancel an order within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods. Note that unless you specifically tell us otherwise immediately on placing the order, you accept that in the event of difficulties delivering the goods to you, delivery of the goods to a neighbouring property is acceptable.
Note that made-to-order, especially commissioned or personalised items are excluded from this guarantee and this guarantee does not apply to business customers.
Exercising the right to cancel
To exercise the right to cancel, you must advise of your decision to cancel the order by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use this email form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
If you cancel this order, you will be reimbursed all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered). A deduction may be made from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
The reimbursement will be made without undue delay, and, where goods have been dispatched, not later than 14 days after the day the goods are received back from you. The reimbursement will be made using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. Reimbursement may be withheld until the goods have been received back.
Where goods have already been dispatched, you shall send back the goods without undue delay and in any event they must arrive not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of the order. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. In some cases, it may be possible to organise for goods to be collected from you. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods or the collection cost, including if you refuse delivery of goods that have already been dispatched. This collection cost is typically between £30 and £75 depending on the type of the item, but may be higher if the collection location is especially far from the warehouse.
Damaged, defective or incorrect items
You have the right to return a faulty item bought through furnish.co.uk within a reasonable period of time. If the item was damaged in transit or the wrong item was delivered, you should report this within 7 days of receipt of the item. Where a signature is required on delivery, items should be checked for visible damage before signing and rejected if any damage is visible. You must return items in accordance with the 'how to return an item' section below.
We recommend keeping all packaging and enclosures that accompany the item for as long as possible after delivery, as this may be required should you need to report a problem.
How to return/cancel an item
Please follow the guidelines below:
- There will be a contact email address for returns within your order confirmation email. Use this email address to advise of the reason for the cancellation/return.
- You'll receive a response and can then agree the details of the return, including what method of post to use, whether the item will be exchanged or refunded and, in the case of the latter, the total refund value.
- Ensure the item is in its original packaging with all original enclosures. In the case of items being returned because they are unwanted, refunds will not be given unless the item is returned in an 'as new' state. In the case of items being returned because they are damaged, defective or incorrect, refunds or exchanges will not be given if you have disposed of the item or any part of the item, unless specifically agreed with the seller.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the item arrives safely. We suggest additionally packaging the item so it cannot be damaged in the post and obtaining proof of postage.
- You will receive a refund or exchange within 14 days assuming the above guidelines have been followed.