When do we collect data?
We can collect data on you from a variety of different sources that include:
- When you purchase Goods from the Website;
- When you become a subscriber;
- When you speak to our customer services personnel;
- Via explicit data capture measures, for example by entering competitions and completing surveys;
In any of the above cases the data we collect could be personal data.
We never collect personal data through unethical means, such as buying or renting third party email lists.
What personal data do we collect?
This data may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address, your phone number and your credit card details. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet, e.g. the URL you were prompted by, your IP address, your browser type, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, and other such data. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
What do we do with your personal data?
We need to collect information about you to process the transaction, fulfil your order, provide you with the services you expect, or other legitimate interests of ours then and in the future, which include:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, troubleshoot, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our website
- for direct marketing purposes
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
Unless we have your express consent we will only disclose personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us or other legitimate interests of ours. This is of course subject to the proviso that we may disclose your data to certain permitted third parties, such as members of our own organisation, our own professional advisers who are bound by confidentiality codes, and when we are legally obliged to disclose your data.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
We do not store credit card details, not do we sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties without your express consent.
Do you need my consent to process my personal data?
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) specify six lawful bases for processing your personal data. One of those lawful bases is 'consent', where you would be required to actively opt in before we could process your personal data. Consent is required where the processing of your personal data cannot be justified by the other lawful bases.
Furnish.co.uk has carefully evaluated and restricted our use of your personal data to ensure that it falls within the lawful bases of 'contract' or 'legitimate interests'. In the case of the latter, we have carried out Legitimate Interests Assessments (LIA) to ensure its lawful use. This means that we use your data in a way that is not unnecessarily intrusive or unexpected, and that we protect your interests, which means that none of our particular uses of your data require you to actively opt in.
Some examples of ways in which we mitigate against intrusion, nuisance and risk to you are:
- Our website sign-up process does not interface with or use Facebook or any other third party website, which means we neither share your personal registration data with third party websites, nor obtain any personal registration data from third party websites, nor allow such 'social media' websites to track you using cookies
- We do not subcontract any marketing activities to third parties or use any third party email marketing or survey software, which means we do not share your personal data with such third parties or allow them to track you using cookies
- We use Google Analytics web analytics software, and we limit its use to high level summaries of website usage statistics, and we do not pass to it any personal data that would allow you to be individually identified or targeted
- We use the Google remarketing service to advertise to you on limited third party websites within the Google Display Network if you have previously visited our site and we believe you have not completed a task, e.g. not completed a purchase. We ensure that advertisements only appear if you have shown interest in products on our website, that advertisements are restricted to appear on only a selection of websites and that advertisements are limited to show for no more than 30 days after you last visited furnish.co.uk
- Our server logs, which may include IP addresses, are deleted after a maximum of 7 days
- If you are subscribed to receive our email newsletters, we will never email you more than two newsletters per week
How do I opt-out of you storing and processing my personal data?
If you are a Furnish.co.uk email newsletter subscriber and you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you have the option to opt-out. You can do this either by using the 'unsubscribe' link that is present on every newsletter, or by logging into your Furnish.co.uk account and clicking the 'unsubscribe' link.
What cookies do you store on my computer?
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer using the settings on your web browser, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why we use them:
|These cookies are used to track shopping basket contents, remember where you are in the order process and help to prevent malicious use of the website and fraudulent purchases.|
all cookies from google.com
|These cookies are used to collect web analytics information including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. Information is collected in an anonymous form. None of your personal data is transferred to Google.|
all cookies from doubleclick.net
|These cookies are used to help target advertising to what is relevant to you and to avoid showing advertisements that you have already seen. None of your personal data is transferred to Google. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ads Settings page.|
all cookies from stripe.com and stripe.network
|Stripe is our credit card payment processor. Stripe uses a cookie to remember who you are and to enable Furnish.co.uk to process payments without storing any credit card information on its own servers.|